We offer independent online flexible learning solutions for high school learner through truly virtual online classes. The online system gives these students and their parents the freedom to log on from home and manage their own learning environments.
To embrace a global culture of innovation, agility and access to learning through technology, with our partners we develop online content, learning materials and explanation videos and make available on our Learning Management System in the process extending our student community to those who cannot attend campus schools.
The specialist teachers provide the instruction, assessment and accreditation. The technology allows students to interactively engage with expert teachers and classmates. Students can raise their hand, chat, and present in the virtual class. Every class is also recorded for review. At the end, the scholars will obtain NSC matric qualification accredited by the Independent Exam Board (IEB).
- Learners who want the freedom or flexibility to study at home
- Learners who are elite sportsmen and women who need the flexibility between training and schooling
- Learners who need to work at their own pace, and who may not cope in a traditional classroom environment
- Families who travel frequently and require 24/7 access to the school’s curriculum
IEB and NSC
An overview on the Independent Examinations Board (IEB) National Senior Certificate (NSC). The IEB’s mandate is to ensure that learners in South Africa become a valuable human resource, equipped with the skills and knowledge to allow South Africa to compete and to contribute towards the global economy. The IEB NSC is a South African qualification that is equivalent to the UK AS level, and provides Umalusi accredited examinations in all subjects recognised in the National Senior Certificate (NSC) for all IEB-registered schools.
Key notes on the IEB qualification
The IEB uses the South African National Curriculum which is regulated by the Department of Basic Education.
- The IEB NSC is quality assured by Umalusi, the Council for Quality Assurance in General and Further Education.
- The IEB NSC is an internationally benchmarked qualification and is equivalent to Cambridge AS level.
- Foreign students who qualify for immigrant status are exempt from the First Additional Language requirement and may choose another subject in its place, not necessarily a language.
University entrance requirements
The NSC is the main entrance requirement into universities. Most institutions use the NSC results in addition to the results of common entrance tests (benchmarking tests) to determine a candidate’s suitability for tertiary study. In South Africa, universities are at liberty to apply their own criteria to select students for admission into the various faculties. Usually, this includes a pass in certain mandatory subjects, such as English, Mathematics, or Science. In addition, university entrance criteria may also consider the Admission Point Score (APS) driven by the ‘Elective Subjects’ performance, that may influence a candidate’s aptitude and acceptance to study.
- English (HL)
- Afrikaans (FAL)
- Zulu (FAL)
- Natural Science
- Social Science
- Creative Arts
- EMS (Economic Management Sciences)
- Life Orientation.
- Home Language (English)
- First Additional Language (Afrikaans or Zulu)
- Mathematics or Maths Literacy
- Life Orientation
- Elective subjects
- Physical Science
- Life Sciences
- Computer Applications Technology (CAT)
- Business Studies